Note: Before uploading the theme make sure you unzip the theme package, inside the package folder you can see “valise.zip” As you saw on top we explained about folder structure.
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
When you are ready to install a theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-zipped theme folder into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance > Add New Themes > Upload. Go to browse, and select the zipped theme folder. Hit “Install Now” and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate your chosen theme.
Note: In this theme folder you can see rev_slider.zip which is Revolution Slider it's a premium plugin. So, you don't have rights to use this slider apart from this theme.
To take all advantage of the great features on valise, please install the following plugins.
Plugins > Add New > Search below mentioned plugins (hit search) > Install then Activate. That all!
This is Optional. But if you want the same look like as demo go head with this.
You can install our theme demo content using the XML Dummy Content file that is included with the theme package.
Tools > Import > WordPress, it will ask you to install a plugin if you haven’t already.
Once installed activate the plugin and select the XML file from your theme download files, it will be in a folder called “Demo Data” the file is called “valise.xml”
Then you get :
All done. Have fun!
You have only rights to use this revolution slider in this theme, apart from this theme is not allow to use this slider because it's licensing issue!
Plugins > Add New > Upload (Browse, In theme package you can see Revolution Slider)
In Revolution Slider folder you can see “rev_slider.zip” install this plugin same as another plugins that you are installed previously.
Setup a demo slider :
Go to Settings > Reading > and setup the page reading setting just like the screen shot below.
Set Front Page as a Home, Posts Page as a Blog.
Go to Settings > Post Views Count > Count format.
You can see in that box (%count%) remove () to look like this %count%
Go to Appearance > Widgets > remove all widgets from Top Left sidebar.
Go to Appearance > Theme Options > General Options.
- Responsive layout > Enable That!
- Upload your brand custom fav icon there!
- Descriptions : Enter short info about your site or brand.
- Keywords : Enter your keywords which more helpful for search engines easily find your site (Eg: theme, wordpress, responsive)
- Upload your brand logo (recommended logo size 200x80)
- Enable Show Top Bar (if you want)
- Primary Color : Enter your brand color.
- Secondard Color : Enter your secondary color.
- Then if you need to change menu and heading colors go head with below options on that page.
Appearance > Theme Options
- Home Page
- Blog Page
- Portfolio Page
There you can see lots of options about that pages!